REFLECTOR: Flying High

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon May 16 23:36:36 CDT 2005

I think the only way to test your reaction to altitude, (not
withstanding an altitude chamber) is to get a blood oxygen monitor and
wear it while you fly.  Trying to second guess it by the multitude of
symptoms that could just have easily been caused by, dehydration,
indigestion, stress, etc. will in most cases lead to the wrong conclusion.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/avshop/flightstat-pulse-oximeter.html

there's probably cheaper places to get it.

I found three or four places on the web where you can get the SPO 5500 pulse
oximeter for $199.00.

Al