REFLECTOR: Flying High

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Mon May 16 11:40:52 CDT 2005

In a message dated 5/16/2005 9:31:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nmflyer1 at aol.com writes:

Much  of the cause of headaches "after" a flight is caused by dehydration.
"offgassing" of moisture as you breathe at higher altitudes will dehydrate you
faster than on the ground. In addition, many folks don't drink enough (or as
much as they usually do) when flying....because of the extra stop that it may
 cause.

This hit's the nail on the head.  I have always not ingested  enough liquids
when I should throughout the day.  I usually only  do when thirsty, and I have
been told that's too late.  Adding to this  is making a point of not drinking
to much before a flight as to  prevent a "critical bladder situation".

Great information!  Thanks,

TEC