REFLECTOR: DOT 5 Compatability

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun May 15 14:55:20 CDT 2005

Hmmm.   My Velocity had the amber color fluid in the brake system when I
bought it.  I asked why the fresh  bottle of DOT 5 that I bought was
purple.  I was told that it changes color (to amber) if it is exposed to
water.  So I have been adding DOT 5 to my system as make up.  When I get
back home I'm going to take a sample of what's in the system and see if
it mixes with water.

John