REFLECTOR: 11,500 data for the DH engine

Grigore Rosu grosu at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu May 12 22:53:18 CDT 2005

On Deltahawk's page, they also say the following:

> The bottom line is that a DeltaHawk engine can be expected to decrease
> fuel consumption of a gasoline powered airframe by 30 to 40%, while
> increasing range almost 60%.

So probably the difference in fuel weight is not that important after all.

Sorry for sounding perhaps too enthusiastic about the DH engine.  I'm just
thinking of what engine to use for my not-yet-started-Velocity and so far
I see no reason not to choose a DH engine.  If Velocity/Deltahawk will
indeed be able to provide the DH engine kit for Velocities soon, I'm
wondering what reasons one who didn't start building yet could have not to
go with a DH engine.  I'm just talking to myself loudly, but I guess other
builders, more experienced than I am, are also considering, or
disconsidering, DH engines.  So any thoughts may be useful to many of us.
I hope I'm not pushing a wrong buton here ...

Thanks,
Grigore