REFLECTOR: Oxygen system

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu May 12 14:11:39 CDT 2005

I purchased my system on ebay - purchased a 0.5 to 5 Liter Per Minute
regulator, some nasal canulas, and a small M6 aluminum cylinder.  All for
medical use.  Incidentally, the purity requirements for welding oxygen is
higher than either medical or aviation oxygen.  It ALL comes from the same
place.

If the bottle is still in certification, you can get them exchanged for
about $8 at your local welding supply house.  If it is out of certification,
you pay $12 extra.  Or you can just rent bottles for a nominal charge.  I
have less than $100 in my system.  I could have gotten it cheaper if I had
asked your question when I was buying.  My system fits under a rear seat.

Ronnie