REFLECTOR: WEIRD STICK PROBLEMS

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Mon May 9 22:05:16 CDT 2005

The trim tab is on the right aileron ... and is bent "up" ... which
causes the aileron to go down (which should lift that wing) ... yet the
plane still has a tendency to bank right.  Believe it or not ... after
installing the trim tab, the problem got worse!

I thought it was in the stick/pitch torque tube because even at low tax
(5mph) ... the stick starts falling off to the right ... long before any
lift is generated!