REFLECTOR: Cowl Temperatures

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon May 9 14:53:32 CDT 2005

Next time I pull my lower cowl, I'll relocate the exit air sensor to the mag
area to see how hot that area is.

During cruise, the exit air at the alternator is about 160 degrees.  A hard
climb out on a hot day will produce 200 degree exit air.

I have been planning to move the sensor to the mag area but haven't gotten a
round tuit.

Ronnie