REFLECTOR: Roof NACA's

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Mon May 9 12:32:41 CDT 2005

John,
Probably not.  I'm blowing cool air on my electric fuel pump, gascolator
from the right NACA 1.5" SCAT.  I have never measured this area for temp
but it made me feel better.  I also take cool air off the rear plenum to
my alternator housing and blow air on my vacuum pump between the
runners.  My engine still cools great.  I think my larger NACA's work
great.  23x23 cruise at 7500 ft is usually about 174 knots at 13.1 gal,
CHT 210 EGT hottest 1450 degrees ROP (runs too rough LOP.  Performed
GAMI test and mine are within their acceptable range)
Rene'