REFLECTOR: To DOT 5 or NOT? Matco Wheel Brakes and leakingcylinders...

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon May 9 01:03:29 CDT 2005

Gary wrote:

I had someone tell me that the DOT 5 brake fluid recommended by the

Velocity is not compatible with aircraft o-rings and that I should be

using aviation brake fluid. I also read yesterday that the Matco folks

indicated that DOT 5 should not be used?

So: To "DOT 5" or NOT?

The reference in the MATCO documentation is on page 28 of this document:

http://www.carttonic.com/files/file_download.php?fi_id=15653

Gary;

I think the distinction there is DOT 5; not DOT 5.1 which is what is
referenced as NOT to be used.  I've been led to believe that DOT 5 is an
"equivalent" to MS 5606.

Al