REFLECTOR: Pitch trim motor

Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Sun May 8 21:28:55 CDT 2005

Al,

Measuring the current drawn of the pitch trim motor on the ground will not tell you how much current it will draw while flying in the air.  With the air flowing over (and under) the elevator, the motor will be under a much greater load and will pull more current.

All FLUKE multimeters have a fuse inline with the current measuring connector.  I'll bet that fuse is blown.  It is very east to blow it out.  If you have ever measured current and then forgot to move the red lead back to the voltage plug, and then measure voltage, POP goes the fuse!  It's located inside by the battery.  Check it with an ohmmeter.

Darrell