REFLECTOR: Fuel Pump Cooling?

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun May 8 17:36:57 CDT 2005

I was a bit surprised to see that, too.  I have thought that the fuel boost
pump is used on a sufficiently "intermittent" basis that cooling would not
require special consideration.  I was even considering installing the fuel
boost pump on the cabin side of the firewall.  The pump itself is cooled by
the fuel passing through it, but that probably doesn't help the electric
motor driving it.  Has anyone else identified a need for cooling for the
pump motor?
Keith Hallsten, XLFG