REFLECTOR: EGT Temps

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sun May 1 08:42:36 CDT 2005

John, it sounds like you have a bad plug or bad wires.  The EGT shouldn't go to zero when you do the mag test and turn off the EI.  You said you replaced the plug so it must be a bad plug wire - or perhaps a bad mag.  But I have installed brand new plugs and had one fail.  So don't assume that new plugs are always good.

Can we assume that the EGT's are even and OK when running just the EI (mag off)?

Ronnie

  I have on mag and one EI, so the drop is different.  One time just after starting I switched off the EI and the egt went to 0 and it ran rough.  But it was ok after warming it up more.  I replaced the sparkplug anyway.  I think it helped a little, but not much.
    John