REFLECTOR: Interior foam

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck at charter.net
Sun Mar 27 22:15:18 CST 2005

I'm getting ready to finish the Interior in my 173 RG. Have been flying it with just the seats installed.
I ran across a 1997 posting that came with all the materials that talks about an EAR soundproofing kit and a package sprecifically designed for a velocities structure and sound propagation. It states that any velocity without it is a VW bug that could have been a Mercedes. Would like to know if anyone has any experience or comments on this. I was planning on a vinyl headliner & trim. I would also like to add my comment on the importance of locking the door. I found that a senior moment there can be very time consuming and you miss a lot of good flying weather
Thanks
Jim