REFLECTOR: NASA SATS Demonstration

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 22 15:58:10 CST 2005

Dear velocity Owners

Year before last (2003) we had some plans for a Velocity Fly-in to be
held in Virginia. The fly-in was cancelled due to Hurricane Isabel's
pending arrival. Unfortunately Isabel made it. I am still cleaning up
around the house.
In my real job I work with NASA and the FAA on the future
technologies and procedures that will enable a Small Aircraft
Transportation System SATS) in this country. That is the ability to
have on-demand point-to-point transportation using small aircraft and
small airports. Yeah I know that is something we already do. In this
case we are trying to make it so that the other 99.5% of the
population could also do it at somewhere a reasonable cost.
I use my Velocity in much of our public display and outreach activities.
This SATS project ends this year with a demonstration in June in
Danville Virginia. The first day is a fly-in with the FAA sponsoring
a Wings seminar focused on "Glass Cockpits" the entire techno exhibit
will be open and it is all free. As I am somewhat responsible for
this deal I would be able to coordinate some additional activities if
a bunch of Velocities were to arrive.
The details about the demonstration are at http://www.sats2005.com.
This is going to be a pretty neat event for the public and the
government folks and is also a good reason to fly to Danville.
I am looking for some indication of interest. I realize this is only
applicable to those of us on the east coast but if you think you
might want to attend please do If I can get a count we can plan some
specific Velocity activity.
You can contact me directly at the From e-mail
Check out the other SATS websites for more information.

--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director