REFLECTOR: sequence valve

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 22 11:58:27 CST 2005

Thanks Al,
I thought I was missing something here. I installed the valve based
on what was a hand drawing I got from Mark Machado and it is what is
now in the new manual. Actually I don't know when the manual was
changed. The sequence valve is activated by the gusset plate on the
landing gear so if you have an older gear with no gusset plate that
may be a problem. I like many others that were building together in
Sebastian also relocated the dump valve to the pilots side which
caused some re-routing of the hydraulic lines but it all worked
pretty good. Mark also gave me a flow reduction valve which I
installed before the door actuator which is an adjustable pressure
valve which can slow or speed up the door closing. Steve N787SB
posted a few days ago he found a flow control valve he did the same
thing with. I had tried to get him some numbers off mine but as luck
would have it there are none. Mine was in a box of parts I was lucky
to get a lot of good stuff from Mark before he left.
--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director