REFLECTOR: Velocity jacks

Gilles Gratton gillesgratton45 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 21 11:02:36 CST 2005

These are good jacks Dave.  Mine are quite similar using small hydraulic
jacks. However I will modify mine to enlarge the pad on top.  A friend of
mine in the next door hangar has just ruined his P51 homebuilt project (and
Ranger engine) because the jacks slipped off the spar and broke through the
wing structure.  I have personally seen a Velocity in progress (not mine,
thanks) slip off a jack and drive the small pad right through the fuel
strakes.  There is no reason why our top pads cannot be 4 X 4 feet.
Gilles