REFLECTOR: HID landing lights wholesale - one time offer

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Mar 20 15:52:14 CST 2005

Al,

I was thinking along the same lines.  It's my opinion that the light most
useful in judging the landing flare is under the wing tips, not out in front
of the nose.  I'm not sure either beam pattern would put any light from the
nose into that position, but the "taxi" pattern might be better overall.

What the "landing" beam pattern does well is give you assurance that there
isn't some object on the runway well ahead of you.  That is rarely an issue,
unless you are landing at unattended, unfenced airports.

Keith