REFLECTOR: INCIDENCE JIG

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sun Mar 20 12:03:26 CST 2005

Hello Tom,
Give Natalie (parts at velocityaircraft.com) a call on Monday 772-589-1860 and
ask if she can find a set of incidence levels (a small level is made for the
canard; a larger level is used for the main wings).  Note, the levels do not
actually measure the wing incidence.  The bubble level that is bonded to the
level(s) takes into account the approximately 3-degree incidence angle
difference between the canard and the main wings.  They work by first
leveling the fuselage, then positioning the incidence level on the wing -
adjust the wing incidence angle as needed to make the level ...level.  If
you want to borrow a set we can find a used pair in the Service Center, but
you might want to consider purchasing them for your collection of "special
tools".
Scott B.