REFLECTOR: WING INCIDENCE [heur]

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 20 07:07:39 CST 2005

Another trick is to add a length of 1/8" tubing to the trailing edge of the
wing out near the winglet.  Glue it on using silicone.  I used a piece one
foot long.  This is called a Gurney Flap.  It adds lift with minimal
increase in drag.

(more info about this is at http://aerodyn.org/HighLift/gurney.html

It is quick and easy to add - lots easier than adding the shim to the wing
bolt(s).

If this is too much effect, just use a razor and cut some of the length off.
I used this for the past 6 months on my right wing with good results.  I now
have my plane down for inspection and am adding 1/32" to the upper bolt on
my right wing.  My V also flies a bit right wing heavy.

Ronnie