REFLECTOR: NOSE WHEEL GOT SIDEWAYS

PVTPIL8 at aol.com PVTPIL8 at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 22:57:31 CST 2005

Ronnie,
I had this happen almost the same way you described. The thing was it  wasn't
the wheel it was the doors slamming closed to fast. The slamming snapped  the
end of the T and when I tried to retract the gear the next time they did not
close.  I fixed the problem with an adjustable flow restricter. This works
great. The doors open and close smoother and don't slam.  I have 10 hours  on
the new set up works great.
I got the flow adjustment at the local hydraulics shop about 20 bucks. All  I
had to do was mount it in line on the close side of the nose gear door
hydraulic cylinder, do retract tests on the stand, and adjust to what I  liked.
The control has a allen key lock down one it is set where you like  it..
Steve

N787SB
XL-RG