REFLECTOR: RE: MT GOT BACK TO ME

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 17 12:13:39 CST 2005

Tom,
Even with a good set of jacks accidents can still happen. here is a
drawing of a set of jacks I made I don't remember but someone
probably gave me the idea. You can get the hydraulic bottle jacks
pretty cheap in the auto parts store and it only took a few hours to
make the stands out of some plywood and a 4x4. I use an adjustable
saw horse under the front. You want to make sure that when you
measure for the height you do that after inserting the saw horse
under the nose at the canard bulkhead first since the strakes will be
a little lower. with my jacks I have about 8 inches of travel and you
need all of that to get the wheels about 2 inches off the ground
--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director