REFLECTOR: IMPORTANT MT PROP INFO & QUESTION

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Thu Mar 17 08:40:41 CST 2005

Hi Tom,

My dumb prop story:
I had a  LARGE  area of scrap carpet under my bird  and ran the engine
looking for oil leaks. The edges of the carpet seemed to be far from the
prop blast influence. This had been done successfully several times. On this
occasion a stray fiber unraveled and lifted high enough to engage the prop.
It  proceeded to wind around the prop. It continued until it grabbed a large
hunk of carpet off the floor which entered the prop and broke a blade.
 IVO's replacement blade was not the same thickness as my originals  so
tracking was not acceptable. Also the pitch change motor had a distinct
wobble  until I gave up and bought a matched set of blades. Ahh experimental
aviation.

While you are shipping the prop blade(s) might be a convenient time to ship
the brakes.

Wayne