REFLECTOR: Tires (was Main gear toe-in)

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 17:16:09 CST 2005

I tried some Goodyear Flight Customs on my XLRG but
they didn't leave enough clearance between the tires
and the lips of the main gear wells. Although the
diameter is close the same, the Goodyear's have
squared off shoulders compared to the Condor's which
are more round. This resulted in approx. 3/8" less
clearance going into the well. Those w/ more clearance
(or fixed gears) should be fine.

Pat