REFLECTOR: IVO Prop

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 16 15:24:59 CST 2005

My hanger mate has an IVO adjustable pitch on his Lancair 320 with Subaru
turbocharged 200 HP engine.

The prop blades look substantial and well made - the hub is where the
concern is.  Basically the flat portion of the blades are held between two
crush plates with no other attachments than the serrated faces of these
crush plates.  So far no problems with the prop - just can't get his
Crossflow Subaru over 5000 rpm - still looking for 5800 before he makes his
first flight.

Ronnie