FW: REFLECTOR: MT Prop

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 15 13:07:19 CST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: HYTEC45 at aol.com [mailto:HYTEC45 at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:59 AM
To: amillin at sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: MT Prop

In a message dated 3/15/2005 8:41:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
amillin at sbcglobal.net writes:

I spoke with the people at Hoffmann propellers.
http://www.hoffmann-prop.com/  Another German company.  Props cost as much
as MT.  I'm not sure they make a pusher.  I didn't pursue it as I thought it
would be more of the same.

Yes, Hoffman makes a pusher.  A friend of mine has just completed phase 1
testing of his Cozy4.  He had a mt ordered through Velocity, but after
hearing of my woes, and the restricted RPM ranges (he is using a
non-counterweighted engine), he purchased the Hoffman.  More money, about
$12,000, but no restricted range, and so far after 50 hrs, he loves it.  The
blades look much stronger than my mt.

By the way, Velocity was very helpful in the ordering and canceling of the
mt for him, even though it was for a Cozy.

TEC