REFLECTOR: RE: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop)

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 10:51:54 CST 2005

In a message dated 3/15/2005 8:26:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cjensen at dts9000.com writes:
And, in all fairness, their attitude isn't totally wrong.  They just want to
do all to prop work to a very high level of quality and are not interested in
considering compromises, even when they don't compromise safety.
Well Chuck, when you have been screwed over by mt as I have, (and others) and
blatantly lied to, maybe you will remember to "chill."  I have spent 5 years
fighting my prop problems with them, and in that time since it's purchase, I
have put over 400 hours on my Velocity, of which only 200 have been with the
mt, with the rest utilizing my Performance propeller while the mt was in for
repair.  The mt has averaged 46 hours of operation before requiring removal and
return for repair on my dime, while battling mt for warranty repair (warranty
does not cover removal and shipping).  I purchased my prop in 1999, and at that
time they were labeled "experimental."  Mine was one of the early props, and
mt had no real data on them as they were rushed to get something out for the
Velocities.  This is supported due to the fact that at that time, the TBO  was
only 200hrs.

On top of all the labor and shipping (5 times to repair shop) I have been
through, I have now had to spend an additional $4,000 including labor on my dime
to purchase "new" blades that supposedly will work on my engine.  With
shipping and labor costs to R&R, I have close to $20,000 in a propeller that I have
only used a little over 200 hrs.  mt told me just yesterday that in 1999 when I
purchased my propeller, they had already sold 200; yes 200 velocity
propellers, and mine was not an early design.  This is highly questionable.  They said
this to counter my accusation that my prop/blade was still in development at
the time of purchase.  My accusation is correct as currently, if a propeller is
to be installed on a non-counterweighted engine, the blades that I just
purchased are now provided.

I'm happy for you and others who have enjoyed good results with your mt.

TEC