REFLECTOR: Transponder woes [heur or there] :)

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Mar 15 10:24:21 CST 2005

I mounted an aluminum plate to the underside of my battery box.  I'm
using an Odyssey battery which is smaller in size than a standard wet
cell.  There is ample room to mount a standard "Ted's" transponder
antenna with the connector end sticking up next to the battery.  The
tip(ball) of the  antenna just touches the inside of the fuselage.  The
antenna is slightly offset from the center of the aluminum.

No problems with ATC seeing me.  Very short, less than 3 ft, cable run
from the radio.

Scott