REFLECTOR: I AM A JERK (for buying MT)

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Mon Mar 14 19:59:23 CST 2005

It is amazing to me the arrogance and lack of customer relations at MT.

When I called the Deland MT office ... and described the minor damage
... they said "No matter how minor the damage, it must be repaired in
Germany".

Yet the Deland website says they do all major repairs.  Not so.  I asked
"Is there no one in the US capable of doing this magic?"

"No, no one".

THEN IT GOT WORSE.

Not only do I have to send one blade to be repaired ... but the other
three blades needs to be "refurbished".

Why?  With only 6 hours on them?

"They are a matched set. They all must be rebuilt."

Here is the real answer (that was never verbalized):  If we can get
crazy Americans to spend this much money on a wooden prop (that happens
to be covered with a fancy plastic) ... we can call it "composite" and
get a lot of money for it.  We can also make up ridiculous rules when it
comes to maintenance and repairs.  After all ... those crazy Americans
have a lot of money.  Why not get as much as we can?  And ... then if
they have serviceability problems, we can blame it on the "Forbidden
RPM" Zone ... or something that sounds scientific.

After all ... they buy Mercedes.  They believe in fine engineering.
They will probably believe in anything that comes from Germany.  Right?
Even bullshit.

Do I sound bitter?

Anyone want to buy a slightly used, slightly damaged four-blade MT Prop.

GIVE ME CATTO.