REFLECTOR: I AM A JERK

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 11:47:09 CST 2005

In a message dated 3/14/2005 8:49:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tmartino at troubleshooter.com writes:

MT Prop  in Florida does not recommend anyone other than the factory.  I
called  them.

Typical mt B.S..  Doug himself @ mt Florida recommended Jim Ayens @
805-795-5377 in So Cal. to me as to save shipping the whole prop to Florida from  the
west coast.  Jim currently has my mt along with several other  overhauls.  My
hub was sent to mt Florida who replaced some bearing  races and returned it to
Jim for re-assemble.

This goes along with the constant five years of problems I have had with  mt.
 I recently purchased the "new and improved" Velocity blades for use on
non-counterweighted engines.  After two attempts under warranty , mt  has not been
able to stop grease leaking from my prop since overhaul two years  ago due to
harmonic cracking of one of the blades.  This is the case that  brought the
"restricted RPM" issue up.  mt told me the grease leaks were  caused from
operating out of the restricted range(since the first start-up?),  and will do
nothing about it.  I have NEVER operated out of the supposed  restricted
range(what would be my motivation in doing so?), and now feel there  is NO RPM range
safe for operation with a non-counterweighted engine.  Now  mt wants to charge
me for new bearings, and some blade damage caused by  vibration damage on the
exchange blades after 35 hours of operation since  warranty overhaul.  This is
now getting to the litigation stage.

Good thing I kept my Performance prop.

TEC