REFLECTOR: Re: Falling objects through the prop (Was NOSE WHEEL GOTSIDEWA...

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 09:07:23 CST 2005

In a message dated 3/11/2005 5:20:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
bdtopp at comcast.net writes:

When  jumping from the strut (standing on a small platform over the wheel)
you don't  even come close to the tail of a 182.

In my early days, I almost K.Od myself with the step of a jump plane  by not
stepping to the side enough.  My buddy was watching in the door, and  said it
was real close.  Not doing the math, but @ a 60" arc station,  the 3 blades
with say a 3" longitudinal distance, only occupy about 5% of  the total arc
(strainer) area.

TEC