REFLECTOR: NOSE WHEEL GOT SIDEWAYS

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 9 21:08:43 CST 2005

I had a similar occurrence - except in my case the 1" long set screw that is
used to connect the two links to the
actuating piston broke in half.

I assumed that I had my gear doors adjusted too tightly - so I loosened them
some to reduce the tension on the system.  I adjusted my doors tighter last
year - perhaps 40 hours ago.

This happened about three flights ago - after 160 hours of flying with no
problems.  So I don't have any idea if the tight adjustment was the problem.
I don't think it was a crooked nose wheel in my case.

Ronnie