REFLECTOR: Alt hold units

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 11:03:49 CST 2005

Bob,

 I am finishing up the install on my Tru Trak Alt. hold now. I did NOT
replace the trim motor and spring. It seems to me that youd want the pitch trim in
there, as the Tru Trak doesn't have a trim feature for anything other than
Level Flight. If you remove the trim stuff, you'll have to hand fly to altitude,
then enguage the AP.

I specified the Trim Sensing model when I bought my TruTrak from the Velocity
Factory. They also sent me an extra attach piece for the elevator torque tube
(just like the one for the trim spring).

I have my servo installed on top of the canard on the right side of center.
All I have left to do is install the attach point I built to hold the servo to
the top of the canard, and wire it up.
I did also have to cut the little torque tube they supply down, drill and
rethread it.

Kurt