REFLECTOR: Prop Manufacturers

Dave Black dvblack at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 10:17:29 CST 2005

Greg,

> ...hmmn.....would have thought a standard tractor prop in a pusher config
> would have had some downsides - particularly given the lack of twist (extra
> pitch) at the root (spinner end).
> Best make enquiries direct as to it's performance relative to other types on
> the same airframe Richard.

When I ordered my Performance Prop for my LIO360, I was told the only
difference between this and the ones used in tractor configuration was which
side the mounting holes were drilled into.

I can not see why twist should be any different for tractor or pusher. Or were
you thinking of more pitch to assist engine cooling?

Dave Black