REFLECTOR: Prop Manufacturers

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 03:55:11 CST 2005

MessageActually, Lynn has ordered an Mt-propeller.  Ask Lynn, but I think Aerocomposites couldn't give Lynn a firm date on when they actually would produce a propeller.  Lynn has a standard (right rotation) engine, so he could not use the left-turning, 2-blade propeller that Aerocomposites uses on tractor driven aircraft.
Regarding IVO - There a definitely issues relating to the mechanical reliability/safety of using this propeller on direct-drive, horizontally opposed engines.  Talk with IVO to get his opinion.  He does not recommend his products on Lycoming, Continental, as well as other engines that are commonly used by Velocity builders.
SB