REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Mar 1 16:21:51 CST 2005

Thanks everyone for your help a while back.  I installed the Sygate
firewall and discovered several Windows applications that were
transmitting a lot of data, probably to Microsoft.  I was able to close
those applications and now only what I want to send gets sent.  Those of
you with high speed connections may not notice, but if you are using
Windows XP, you may have applications that send data when you are on the
internet.

John