REFLECTOR: Fuel Flow Sensor

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Thu Jun 30 23:22:55 CDT 2005

Vapor lock in the fuel flow transducer sounds ridiculous as a concern!  If
that was real, you would obviously have much more significant issues with
cavitation in the pump itself.  I'm just installing my FloScan fuel flow
transducer - upstream of the boost pump, and downstream of the fuel filter.
I've got about 8" of "nearly straight" line between the filter and the
transducer, and about 4" of straight line after the transducer before the
first 90-degree bend.  I will be very surprised if there is any problem with
calibration of the fuel flow reading.

I am trying to keep all of these devices (shut-off valve, filter,
transducer, pump) at or below the level of the middle of the sump tank, so
that there is at least a tiny bit of fuel pressure to help prevent
cavitation at the pump, but I'm not real worried about it.

Keith Hallsten
XLFG