REFLECTOR: Fuel Flow Sensor

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Thu Jun 30 22:38:42 CDT 2005

NOT a wives' tale.  Don't know about yours, but my sump feeds the engine
out of the TOP of the sump.  Standpipe cheats off the bottom half an
inch, goes out the top of the sump and drops down (that's where I have
my fuel flow - at present!) and on to boost pump.  Potential is there
for vapor or air getting into system.  I'm seriously considering
drawing  the fuel to the engine out of the bottom (or nearly so) of the
sump.  Definitely if I switch to  a rotary.  The Cozy list just lost a
guy who had fueling problems on his SQ200/13B.  He had a sure 'nuff
vapor lock power failure (as near as can be determined) and another
power failure after he [evidently] fixed the first problem that did him
in.

Be VERY careful about vapor lock / air in the system ... Jim S.