REFLECTOR: Re: Props

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 14:20:59 CDT 2005

In a message dated 6/28/2005 11:48:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
c.harbert at comcast.net writes:

I have a  turbo system ready to install which will bring up the static
to 2,400 rpm  and I'm expecting higher speeds at higher altitudes at below
normalized MP  which is what Catto designed my prop for.

If your turning already turning 2700, turbo charging will gain you  nothing
in cruise regardless of what flight level your at with a fixed  pitch unless
you want to turn over 2700.  You need a CS prop to  channel that extra HP @ alt.
 Of course, takeoff and climb will greatly  increase even with the fixed
pitch.

TEC