REFLECTOR: Sparrow Strain; a.k.a., aerodynamic trim

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Jun 27 15:04:54 CDT 2005

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Sparrow Strain; a.k.a., aerodynamic trim

You should have received with your kit the sparrow airfoil and the forked
side supports.  The sparrow airfoil can only fit one way on the forks.

The negative angle of

attack angle is determined by the shape of the side

brackets and is not in the manual. I'd guess it's

about -15* from the elevator cord.

I got the template for the brackets from Velocity.  Based on fitting the
airfoil to the shape of the bracket, I measure a AOA (chord of elevator to
chord of inverted airfoil) of about 9-10 degrees.  Or perhaps easier to
measure is flat of the airfoil (top, as attached) to the bottom elevator
surface of 2-3 degrees.

FWIW,

Al