REFLECTOR: Aileron Question

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:42:04 CDT 2005

I am confused (yet again).  I have 2 pieces of Aileron Hinge backing plate,
of identical length, each considerably longer than the 9" needed to cover
the imbedded section of torque tube.  It seems obvious that there should be
backing plate under all three of the hinges, but, other than the section
over the Torque tube, it is never mentioned in the first 2 versions of the
Construction manual (The 1 that came with the kit & the 1st 1 that was
available for download) and is only obliquely referred to in the version I
downloaded recently (Mentions to drill under the foam under the outboard
plate).

Is there backing plate under all 3 hinges? what are the dimensions of the 3
plates?

Larry Epstein
V173FG Elite (ie; Long wing standard fuselage)