REFLECTOR: RE: Glass and Resin needs

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 22 07:21:50 CDT 2005

Me too!

I have a 173 with fast build wings and fuselage - circa 1999.

Way too much glass balloons (only used 1/4 of it)
Way too much fine BID
Way too much TRIAX
Way too much UNI
Not nearly enough coarse BID
Not nearly enough Epoxy - however, the epoxy hardener gets old after about
1-2 years and needs to be replaced - so I'd recommend delayed shipping of
the hardener - ship as needed.

I built pretty much per the plans - well, I made a couple of extra do dads,
but I also was very precise on measuring epoxy needed to wet the cloth I was
applying (weight the cloth - measure out the same weight of mixed epoxy).

But it still is a FANTASTIC kit and airplane!!!
Ronnie