REFLECTOR: Suprise in my duct

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:43:20 CDT 2005

According to M Collier, as best I recall the conversation, in the early
days, Danny M was testing an engine w/ a turbo that had an oil leak
dripping on the turbo case.  It created huge amnts of smoke in the eng
compartment and the smoke was sucked backward thru the duct due pressure
variance twix duct v engine compartment.  That's at least part of why
people close off the the aft end.

I know it's too late for most who read this today, but for posterity, at
Hangar 18's suggestion I have gouged out the foam on the fuselage floor
where the cannel goes, then re-enforced in that area, then laid in the
channel cover.  This gives us more channel ID by almost double. See
three pics.  I intend to drill a few drain holes with what's been
recently reported. (Thanks for sharing!!)  I also hope to create some
kind of a splash plate on the nose wheel assembly to minimize water
spray during tkof/landing phase.  Also I'll be doing the spring
actuation on the nose doors instead of hydro...thnks for that too.  It's
way simplier and saves 5 pounds to boot.

Regards,
Terry