REFLECTOR: Bus, Battery & Electrical Instrumentation

Terrence Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:11:12 CDT 2005

Keith,
Thanks for setting me straight on rectifier.  I'm actually an aeroelec
allumnus too...but struggle with related topics from an ops standpoint.
Looking at it that way, cockpit driven, what items are you putting to the
main load bus, and which are you putting on the endurance bus?  I can see
myself wanting to power up say comm2 or nav2, and/or some other unnoticed
elec need which forces either the need to repower the main and manually
download, or have items with switch capability from E-bus or main.
How are you approaching this issue?  What's going on your e-bus and what on
the hot batt bus, and what to main?
I am attaching a file I got from an RV pal that I hope to rework.
Regards,
Terry