REFLECTOR: Bus, Battery & Electrical Instrumentation

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Sun Jun 19 22:22:49 CDT 2005

Bad diodes are pretty tough to trouble shoot unless you have a scope,
and who's got a scope? Larry did good IMO to find it as quick as he did.
Open diode does weird things to the "ripple" on the voltage trace and
might make avionics noisy, but if your ICS and all is really well
filtered, you have kind of taken away that trouble shooting tool.
Does anyone know of a simple way to detect out of bounds Alt ripple? ...
Jim S.