REFLECTOR: Painting

Fred Marconi fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 19 16:19:33 CDT 2005

Ron:

If you use a paint like PPG base coat or One Step, if you have to touch any areas that are in the same colors you should have no problem.  This paint blends in well and sands and polished well.  I flew in primer and I did have to make some alterations: I trimmed 1/4 inch off the trailing edge of the canard and had to adjust one of the rudders with a little more toe out,  For both of these procedures I had to cut the fiberglass.   Had I painted it would have damaged the paint.

Fred