REFLECTOR: Builder's Insurance

Terrence Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 09:06:01 CDT 2005

I have USAA.  They do not insure "aircraft parts" under homeowners.  It is a
named exclusion that I learned of only by asking.  They make is carry
property coverage to an amount equal to 50% of the market value of my house,
which is crazy.

They do have an aircraft kit insurance program...but they have controls (you
have to provide pic and technical details) to prevent partial coverage
insurance.  I think also they could be sub-contracting to another company.
(Or so it seems.)  I have not pursued insurance yet...but I will shortly.
Terry