REFLECTOR: Nose wheel axle

SlvEgl99 at aol.com SlvEgl99 at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 14:42:50 CDT 2005

On my XL FG, after a hard landing I decided to disassemble and check out  the
nose gear. The axle had two threaded holed in the end and one end had a
screwdriver slot. When I tried to unscrew the axle, I found it impossible to
move. Finally I cut it in two inside the yoke. Then the two parts were easily
removed. Once I got the parts out, it was obvious that the axle was bent. I
replaced it with a new one from the factory and have had no problems since.

Bob Wood