REFLECTOR: Nose wheel axle

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 17 06:03:39 CDT 2005

Last year I had a couple of instances of nose wheel shimmy.  I checked my
fork turning torque and it was above 20 pounds and I was having a hard time
steering, especially on grass (I have to taxi about 200 feet on grass to get
from the hanger to the runway).

I decided to disassemble and clean the Bellville washers and lubricate them.
That fixed the problem.  Shimmying stopped and easier to steer as well.

Ronnie