REFLECTOR: Nose wheel axle

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 18:59:51 CDT 2005

Removing front axle:
Step 1 - Remove Allen head set screw
Step 2 - Make sure a second Allen head set screw is not located under the
first.  If so, remove set screw #2.
Note: The axle usually has a slot to fit a standard slotted screwdriver on
one side - the other side of the axle usually has a hole threaded for a
standard AN3 bolt (no slot for screw driver)
Step 3 - Insert an AN3 bolt (any length) into the "non-slotted" side of the
axle.
Step 4 - Using a wrench or socket over the AN3 bolt and a large, true
slotted screw driver - working together - unscrew the axle from the nose
fork assembly.  Reference the slotted side of the axle, "righty tighty -
lefty loosy".
Step 5 - If stubborn, try "weasel pis_" on the threads to loosen things up.
Step 6 - try to unscrew the axle again
Step 7 - If stubborn, try heat or any of a dozen tricks to unstick stuck
threads.
That should do it!
SB