REFLECTOR: Leveling the plane

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:46:50 CDT 2005

Jim,

The bubble level on your wing incidence tool is every bit as accurate at
measuring "level" as a $100 digital level.  It's accuracy is a function of
gravity not money.  Any inaccuracy you encounter using this device is if it
has become warped over time or in it's placement on the wing.  The only
advantage of a digital level is the ability to measure the angle of things
that are not level and not it's accuracy. When you use the firewall as a
reference I would recommend you use a large nut and a piece of string for
the most precise vertical reference money can buy.

Best of luck,

Larry Coen
N136LC